Professor Cesar Leyton

     It was really hard to decide what to write about, so I started researching to make it interesting and found out, at least for me it’s very interesting.

There is a museum named "Museo de Química y Farmacia Profesor Cesar Leyton" created by Professor Cesar Leyton in 1951 where was formerly the School of Chemistry and Pharmacy Of  the University of Chile, Vicuña Mackena 20 steps from Baquedano square.

This museum houses ancient pharmaceutical pieces that imitate the style of the ancient pharmacies. The name of the museum is due to its creator Cesar Leyton from which there is not much information on the internet, but it is known that the one with his wife personally collected the vast majority of the priceless pieces that are now in the museum.This man was an important character, since in addition to creating the museum, he was also dean of the faculty for two consecutive periods where under his command was created the "Instituto de investigaciones y ensayos farmacológicos" Also during his term he modified the curriculum by creating two professional careers "Chemistry" and "Biochemistry", finally, I am part of the first directory of the "Colegio de Quimicos-Farmaceuticos".

When I found this information, I found it very interesting because I found many things out of love for science so that young people would get more culture about pharmaceuticals. I find the creation of a museum fascinating and that it was the main collector of the pieces that make up the museum but I like it, I would have liked to be able to know it and I feel like visiting the museum until the pandemic passes to achieve it.




In this photo is shown to Professor César Leyton accompanied by the Vice Dean (1978) Professor Irma Pennacchiotti, 04/09/1978.


Comentarios

  1. The museum is small but has a lot of history in it, I didn't know well about its founder, thanks for your post!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I hope soon to know this museum and deepen the knowledge of our career

    ResponderEliminar
  3. What a great idea of the museum, so people have the possibility to know a little more about science!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My favourite series

My dream Job

My favourite asignature